This policy applies to "Personal Information" or “Personally Identifiable Information” collected, processed or stored by Boston Traders. Personal information may be shared between or processed for retailing purposes by any Boston Traders entity. This Policy describes the extent of collection and usage for Boston Traders and services.
Your access to and use of our Services means you agree to the terms in this Policy and our Terms and Conditions. We encourage you to refer to this Notice periodically so that you understand our current privacy practices.
Information We Collect
We may collect various types of information from our Website visitors so we can adjust our Website to meet our users' needs and expectations. Some of this information is collected if you decide to share information about yourself so we can better keep you informed about our products and other information.
Information Collected Automatically (Cookies)
The types of information your browser or Internet session automatically sends us each time you visit Website, which we automatically collect such as cookies, includes:
- Your browser.
- Your computer's operating system.
- Your navigation path, i.e., the URLs of where you come to our Website from, which of our pages you visit, and where you go as you leave.
- Your IP address.
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Use your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly. It will affect your experience and our Website may not function properly.
Information You Provide to Us
In addition to the information automatically collected by your browser, we also collect information that you provide to us when you request information from our Website. Our Website provides users the opportunity to request information regarding various products and educational materials. These information request pages may require users to provide us with contact information (name, address, phone number, email address, gender, age, etc.). Should you choose to purchase products or services from us, we will also collect:
- Identifying Information: We collect this information when you create a profile, place an order, create a registry or take advantage of other programs online or in store, or contact us through the "Live Chat" feature on our site. For example: Name, Address (billing and shipping), Zip code, email address, Telephone number(s), Cellular phone number(s), Credit card number(s), Birth date, and Security question answers.
- Payment Information: We collect this information when you make in-store or online purchases. For example, your credit card number and billing address.
- Information You Post: We collect this information when you post in a public space on our site.
- Event Information: We collect this information when you sign-up for our events. For example, contact information and mailing address.
- Demographic Information: We collect this information when you participate in a contest, sweepstakes, promotion, or survey. For example, your age, gender and zip code.
- Driver's License Information: We collect your driver's license information to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- Device Information: We collect this information when you visit our website or apps. For example, the type of device you use to access our platforms, your device identification number, IP address or mobile operating system.
- Location Information: We collect this information about your location when your device is set to provide location information.
- Commercial Information: We collect this information when you make a purchase or create a gift registry. For example, details about the products or services purchased, obtained or considered, as well as other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other Network Activity Information: We collect this information when you visit our website, use our mobile applications, shop in our stores, or interact with our wireless services and other technologies. This information is either automatically collected or is customer-initiated. For example, your browsing history, search history and other information regarding your interactions with our advertisements.
- Other Information: If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We may look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. If you use our app, we may look at how often you use the app and where you downloaded it. When you call our customer service team, we may record calls for quality assurance and operational optimization purposes.
How We Use This Information
We collect this information that you provide, and may use it to make your future requests from our Website easier by pre-populating contact forms with the information that you have provided. We do not share your information with any third-parties. We also may use this information for:
- Product & Service Fulfillment
- Marketing, Promotions & Advertising
- Internal Operations
- Fraud Prevention, Security & Compliance
- Credit Card & Banking
We use the information we automatically collect to help us better plan our Website to meet your Internet needs. Information you provide to us may be used for marketing purposes, and may result in follow-up communications.
How we collect information
- Information You Provide to Us: We collect a variety of information when you create a profile, place an order, create a registry, or take advantage of other programs online or in-store. Information we may collect includes: your name, address (billing and shipping), zip code, email addresses, telephone number(s), credit card number(s), and date of birth.
- Information We Collect Through Data Collection Technologies: We collect information through several channels. For example, we may collect your Personal Information when you visit our websites, use our mobile applications, or interact with our wireless services or other technologies. This information is either automatically collected or is customer-initiated.
- Information From Other Sources
- We may receive your updated shipping information from a third-party provider.
- We may collect or use information made available to us through third-party platforms, online databases and directories, or other means. We specify that data sourced from these third-parties must be legitimately obtained. Note that this information may be governed by the privacy statement of the third-party.
- We participate in consortiums to share information or match customer data. When shared, this information is de-identified or anonymized.
- We may receive various types of information, including identification information, contact information, and transactional information from our service providers, vendors, and Family of Businesses entities.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Your Rights and Our Obligations
Boston Traders respects the privacy of users visiting our Website. We may use directory information that we have collected to send you information about products and services, or updates and other information we think may be of interest to you. If you tell us that you do not wish to have this information used as a basis for further contact with you, we will respect your wishes. Please contact us to request your name and address be removed from our lists. If you do not want to receive our e-mail marketing, please submit a request to have your e-mail address removed by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal Protections and Law Enforcement
We may disclose information about our users, including your personal information, in the event we are required to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process or other valid law enforcement measures; to comply with a legal obligation; at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing the Websites and applicable laws; or to protect the legal rights, interests, or safety of the Websites, our users or others. We may also use device identifiers to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with copyright owners, internet service providers or law enforcement agencies in our discretion. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you.
Our Security Measures
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links From Our Website To Other Sites
Our Website may contain links to other websites external to our Website. When you access these external websites, the providers of the sites will have access to certain information about you. Boston Traders is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any websites which we do not directly control.
Notification of Changes
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) of 2018. Effective January 1, 2020, if you reside in California then you have the following rights:
- You have the right to opt-out of Boston Traders’ sale, if any, of your Personal Information.
- You have the right to request the deletion of your Personal Information.
- You have the right to request us to disclose to you the following, no more than twice in a 12-month period:
- Categories of Personal Information we collected about you during the preceding 12 months.
- Categories of sources from which we collected the Personal Information during the preceding 12 months.
- Business or commercial purpose(s) for collecting or selling your Personal Information during the preceding 12 months.
- Categories of third-parties with whom we share the Personal Information during the preceding 12 months.
- Specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you during the preceding 12 months.
- Categories of Personal Information we have sold and categories of third-parties to whom the information was sold to during the preceding 12 months.
- Categories of Personal Information we disclosed about you for a business purpose during the preceding 12 months.
We will not discriminate against you because you exercised your rights under this section of our Notice.
For purposes of exercising your rights above, please note the following regarding how we collect and use your Personal Information as described in this Notice:
- We collect the following categories of personal information: Identifiers; payment information; commercial information; internet of other electronic network activity information; geolocation data; audio, electronic or visual information.
- We disclose the following categories of personal information for a business purpose: Identifiers; payment information; commercial information; device information; demographic information and driver's license number.
- We sell the following categories of personal information: Identifiers; payment information; event information; demographic information; device information; location information; commercial information; internet or other network activity information.
Households. Boston Traders does not hold personal information at the household level as defined by the CCPA. If you would like to submit a request for multiple people in the same household, please submit an individual request for each person.
California Shine the Light Law: If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third-parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request please submit an inquiry to the following address email@example.com. In your request, please specify that you want a "Your Boston Traders' California Shine the Light Notice." Please allow 30 days for a response.
Do Not Track Signals:
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place. We allow third-party behavioral tracking.
Protection of Children
The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). We do not accept personally identifiable information online from children under the age of thirteen (13) and we do not knowingly accept personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If you are under 13 please do not use our Website. If we discover a minor under thirteen (13) has submitted information to our Website, we will delete this information as soon as possible.
©2021 Boston Traders, Inc. all rights reserved.